7 Essential Text Messaging Stats Every Property Manager Should Know
SMS marketing is quickly becoming a necessary part of business for almost every vertical (including property management), and for good reason. In recent years, text messaging has proven itself to be a superior communication platform. It’s fast, it’s accessible and it’s multi-functional. And because of this, property managers are finding creative ways to use this technology such as the backbone for a reliable resident communications tool or for providing invaluable services such as package management tracking and notification.
If you haven’t yet, you should be looking into ways to utilize a text strategy within your resident communities. In today’s world, few approaches compare. Check out the seven mind-blowing statistics surrounding text messaging, and consider the many ways an automated text message platform can help strengthen your community:
- 95 to 98 percent of texts are read immediately: These texts are read within one minute of receipt, influencing the recipient (resident) almost immediately. This makes text messaging one of the fastest and most convertible forms of communication available. (Source: MoblieMarketing.com)
- And, the average response time for a text message is just 90 seconds: Compare that to the average response time for an email, which is 90 minutes (Source: CTIA.org)
- 86 percent of consumers send and receive texts every week: Today’s modern consumers are mobile-centric, so it isn’t a surprise how often they communicate with businesses and one another using text messaging. More important, it is quickly becoming the preferred method of communication with businesses as well. (Source: eztexting.com)
- 90% of new customers would rather receive a text message than a phone call: Not only do potential new residents prefer to receive a text pertaining to their sales interest, 85 percent of them also want to be able to reply using the same channel. (Source: FranchiseHelp)
- 65 percent of smartphone owners check their phones within 15 minutes of waking up: Beyond smartphones being a preferred tool for communication in a resident’s lifestyle, it’s quickly becoming the first thing to deliver important information, reliably, in their daily schedule. (Source: Smart Insights)
- 64% of consumers are likely to perceive a company contacting them by text in a positive light: The more positive the impression of your business, the more likely they’ll apply or recommend you to friends and family. (Source: Harris Interactive)
- 98% of adults aged 18 to 29 in the US own a device capable of receiving a text message: This statistic shows you not only how widespread adoption of mobile technology is in our society, but proves the simple fact that the audience for property managers truly has access to a text-enabled device. (Source: Pew Research Center)
So, that’s all very interesting. But, how do you turn those statistics into something actionable? How does a property manager transform a text message into a compelling value-add amenity for a resident—perhaps even worth paying more for?
Actually, there are quite a few ways that you can turn your audience’s preference for text communication to your advantage. Here at Notfii, we use it to fuel community-specific communication platforms, one-to-one resident/manager messaging, and group notifications. We also use it as the backbone for a package management and notification software solution. And, we have a lot more in store for texting as well.
If you’d like to learn more about our community messaging platform—Notifii Connect—or just more information on how you can better take advantage of resident texting, visit us at www.notifii.com or give us a call at (888) 506-8536 and one of our experts will be happy to answer any questions.